- Knowledge of Computer Hardware
- Identify computer hardware Problems
- Determine faulty Computer hardware
- Know Basic computer troubleshooting tips
- Knowledge of Operating System and device Drivers
- Identify hardware Peripherals
- Basic knowledge of safeguarding hardware
- Apply the knowledge to repair/maintain a computer.
Importance of learning computer hardware maintenance
It may be obvious, but computer systems are similar to other mechanical systems, and they require routine maintenance to keep them in good condition. Otherwise, they are certainly going to experience faults and cause you losses. Computer systems require the following maintenance items to keep them running efficiently:
- Antivirus scanning– While having an antivirus program running on your computer hardware seems an ideal measure to keep malware at bay, it is not an adequate protection measure. You need to have routine “full scan” of computer hardware to benefit from the power of an antivirus program. A “full scan” ensures that every application and data file on the hard drive of your computer is scanned, cleaned and shielded from malicious programs. It also protects you from the risk of malware that can cripple the functionality of your computer hardware.
- Cleaning– Computer hardware is simply a circuitry of electrical systems and they produce a great amount of heat. It is, therefore, necessary to conduct routine cleaning to cool of your computer hardware to increase their life span. Although standard computers have cooling components, they are ineffective and limited to a short lifespan. Without proper cooling, your computer hardware will suffer mechanical failure.
- Disk maintenance– Your computers’ disks hold all data and store all data applications. Disks undergo defragmentation over time and experience slow file system responses. Defragmentation occurs from the creation of non-contiguous blocks of data files. To overcome this shortfall, you should perform disk defragmentation on your disks to restore a contiguous block of data files.
- Software updates– Regular software updates are a critical part of routine computer maintenance and they help eradicate security weaknesses.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Detect issues early, before they become problems
- Prevent against viruses and malware
- Speed up Your Computer
- Keep Antivirus Software Up-to-date
- Maximize Software Efficiency
1 Introduction to computer basics
1.1 A Desktop
1.2 Desktop, Laptop or Tablet?
2 Computer hardware parts and their functions
3 Software Basics
4 Computer Safety Tips
4.2 Creating a safe workspace
4.3 Some Tips & Tricks to Speed up Windows 10
5 Final Words
6 Final Quiz