- 20 students
- 29 lessons
- 1 quizzes
- 3 week duration
This course is a complete guide to WordPress for WordPress beginners.
It has never been easier to build a fantastic, responsive website that looks great on computers, tablets, and mobile phones.
You will learn how you can set it all up on your own computer using free tools. I will always update this course.
The primary goal of this course is to teach a complete beginner, how to become a WordPress developer in six weeks. I will guarantee that after taking this WordPress course you will have the knowledge you need to build a responsive, beautiful website with the latest version of WordPress.
About the Course
This course will teach you systematically step by step from installation to finished responsive website. I will show you how you can install WordPress on your own computer free of charge, so you do not have to pay for a domain name or hosting fees while you complete this course. Once you have WordPress installed on your computer, you will learn how to build and run a successful, beautiful, responsive-design website.
- Install WordPress on your PC or Mac computer,
- Build a functional, beautiful, responsive website with WordPress.
- Navigate around and learn how to manage the WordPress dashboard.
- Create pages and posts and understand their difference.
- Create custom menus and navigation systems that both visitors and search engines will find useful.
- Correctly use post categories and tags, and understand why these can cause you problems at the search engines if used incorrectly.
- Know how to configure WordPress for best results
- Understand plugins & themes and how to find and install them
- Protect their WordPress website from hackers and spammers
- Create a static homepage.
- Create a Responsive Website that looks good on any browser
- No prior knowledge of WordPress is required.
- You will need a working computer and a web browser connected to the internet.
- You do not need any coding experience at all. That is the beauty of WordPress.
This course for
Have you ever wanted to build a professional-looking website, but did not know where to start? Now you can. WordPress for Beginners is a complete course for anyone, no matter what your technical ability. This course assumes no prior knowledge!
I will begin the lesson by setting up WordPress on your own computer. If you have a domain name and host, then you will start by installing online.
We will start our lesson with logging and familiarize ourselves with the main Dashboard.
Once you navigate around your new tools, we will go through the main features you will need as you create your site, including:
- The WYSIWYG Editor. This is where you enter all of your website content.
- WYSIWYG stands for “What You See Is What You Get.”
- The Media Library, to manage your images, videos, sound files and other media you want to share on your site.
- WordPress Settings: I will teach you systematically to set those up just right.
- Explain and show the differences between WordPress posts and pages, and when and how to use them.
- How to use categories and tags on a well-structured site to maximize the visitor experience and search engine ranking benefits.
- How to set up a professional homepage.
- Create a contact form.
- Set up an About Us page.
- Set up customized navigation in the header, sidebar and footer of your site.
- WordPress security, and setting up a system that will keep the site safe from hackers.
- Install some great free plugins.
- Final Project. At the end of this course, you will create a WordPress Website independently.
- I guarantee you; by the end of this course will build a responsive and professional WordPress website without seeking any help from anyone.
1 Download and install XAMPP on your computer
2 Start the modules and test your server
3 Download and Add the WordPress files
4 Create a database for WordPress
5 Install WordPress locally via the on-screen installer
6 Get familiar with the WordPress UI
7 Pick a theme / design for your website
8 Get plugins to extend your website’s abilities
9 Create basic pages
10 Creating a blog
12 Final Quiz
0.00 average based on 0 ratings